Free shipping from 50€ to Spain – from 100€ to Europe
There are many ways to consume CBD flowers: by inhalation, infusion, oil, tincture, topical patches, capsules… Today we want to tell you how to make a delicious CBD marijuana infusion at home: simple, effective and very healthy.
Details to keep in mind before preparing your infusion
Each way of consuming CBD has its own particularities. In the case of infusions, it must be taken into account that our body performs other metabolic functions, compared to inhalation, for example. The effects of an infusion manifest themselves in a gradual way, and that is why they last longer in the body as well.
When consuming infusions or other edibles made from CBD marijuana it is very important to be patient: since there is a digestion process, the effects can take up to two hours (depending on your body) to manifest in your body. From that point, they can last up to 8 hours!
If you feel that your body is taking too long to absorb CBD do not worry: in these cases, less is more. Better wait at least one hour and then, if you feel you want a stronger effect, repeat with one more dose. In this way we will control the effects well and avoid “overdosing” our body.
It is an ideal option to benefit from CBD during the day, to relax and relieve pain.
CBD is not soluble in water. It is fat-soluble, that means that we must add a fat component (butter, whole milk, coconut oil…) to our infusion, so that the molecule that we want our body to absorb dissolves well.
In addition, a process called decarboxylation is necessary in order for the CBD to act with our organism. In combustion, this occurs naturally, as we burn the flowers when we smoke them.
In the case of the infusion, we will do it by boiling (20 to 30 min) over very, very low heat the mixture of our recipe.
Ready? Let’s go for it!
- 0.5g of your favourite flowers (you can add more for a stronger effect)
- 4 cups of water, whole cow milk, or veggie milk: almond, oat, hazelnut…
- 1 tablespoon of butter or plant based butter, or coconut oil. Anything you want, but greasy.
- Honey, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, any sweetener or extra flavouring spice or herb of your choice (this is of course, optional).
If you decide to infuse your flowers only in water, make sure you do not skip 1 tablespoon of oil or butter. If you’ve read the first part of this article, you already know the reason for it.
- Pour the liquid of your choice: animal/vegetable milk or water in a pot. Heat it until it comes to a boil.
- Grind the buds and add them to the milk/water.
- When the water/milk is boiling, lower the heat and add the grinded buds to the mixture (be careful with milk, it boils quite fast).
- Stir well and let it cook over at very low heat for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and strain the mixture with a strainer to remove the remaining buds.
Add sugar, honey or other ingredients and… Enjoy!
Another somewhat simpler option is to heat milk/water until it boils, remove from heat, pour into a glass and add the bud to the heated liquid. Cover the cup or glass with plastic. Let it infuse for 1 hour. Enjoy!